- No equipment needed… Shooting is free to 1st time newcomers
- Members/Shooters with own equipment & supplies = $7.00 (Youth- $4.00)
- Members/Shooters without equipment & supplies = $12.00 (Youth- $9.00)
If you become a member of the Black River Bandits, you will also join the Cowboy Fast Draw Association. (www.cowboyfastdraw.com)
Membership Fees for Black River Bandits:
- Yearly membership = $25.00
- Youth membership (16 years old and younger) = $15.00
- Ask about our Lifetime membership
Single-action revolvers, factory chambered for .45 Colt caliber, with non-adjustable rear sights such as:
- SAA Colt
- Colt Bisley
- 1858 Remington conversions
- 1875 Remington
- S & W Schofield and faithful reproductions
- Ruger Vaquero models
The external parts of the revolver must match factory stock contours and made of original type material: ie hammers must not be bent in any way. No trigger shoes, no mods to trigger guard or grip frame, etc. Front sights are optional and barrels must be a minimum length 4.5″, except in the Shootist Category (7.5″). Hammer knurling may be smoothed.
The Holsters & Gun Belt:
1800’s style Mexican Loop, Slim Jim, and California Pattern holsters of leather rawhide construction. The over the belt-style holster will be worn on the side of the leg only. No cross-draw, shoulder, buscadero, contemporary, Hollywood or steel lined holsters are allowed.
Ammunition used is full sized .45 colt cases with no more than six grains of black powder of four grains of Hogdon 777 behind a wax bullet. A 45 Colt case made to accept shotgun primer (no powder is used) with a wax bullet is an alternative ammunition and is recommended for practice.
The standard Cowboy Fast Draw target is a 24″ round disc with a start light in the center that will time down to the thousandths of a second.
1800’s period clothing is strongly recommended. Western cowboy, including working cowboy clothing is acceptable. Western boots or moccasins are acceptable footwear.
Location: 4-H building, Head of the Lakes Fairgrounds, Superior WI on Sundays.
See the practice schedule page!
- Stan (h)715-399-2772 or (c)218-428-6387
- Lightnin or Fossilman (h)218-496-5715